AdvDipTheolMin- Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry
The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry builds on the Diploma in Theology by enabling students to deepen their understanding of the key theological disciplines of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought and History and in Ministry.
This is extended by further study in those disciplines and in the area of practical ministry studies. It may be possible for students to undertake study in a ministry setting as part of the course.
The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry consists of 288 points comprised of:
- 18 points of Old Testament
- 18 points of New Testament
- 18 points of Church History
- 18 points of Systematic Theology
- 36 additional points from Field B (Biblical Studies) and / or Field C (Christian Thought and History)
- 36 points from Field D (Theology: Mission and Ministry)
- a further 144 points of study.
- Request Information
- DurationTwo years full-time or up to eight years part-time
- Structure16 standard undergraduate units
- Fees$1,861 per unit
- Admission CriteriaSuccessful completion of Year 12 education in an Australian secondary school, or equivalent.
- Admission DatesAdmissions for first semester 2023 close on Friday 17 February 2023. Admissions for second semester 2023 close on Friday 21 July 2023.
The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry is an AQF Level 6 Award. It is
- fully accredited through the University of Divinity
- qualifies for Austudy and FEE-HELP assistance
- available to overseas students (CRICOS Code 075251E)
- available online and on campus
Graduates of the Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry
- have significant foundational skills for
-have skills to articulate and reflect upon foundational theological, scriptural knowledge and apply this to ministry practice.
- have strong analytical skills allowing them to analyse and communicate sound theological arguments, especially in relation to ministry tasks or worldview perspectives.
- apply their skills and knowledge to their own and other contexts and traditions through culturally relevant ministry practices.
- apply their skills and knowledge to the service of others through practical engagement and in contexts such as practical support ministries or cultural and philosophical analysis.
Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry summary information (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
Application for the Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 3 9847 5432 and by email at email@example.com
Semester: 1. Summer School
DM1113B Mission Foundations
Semester: 2. Semester 1
Semester: 4. Semester 2
BN1301B Interpreting the New Testament
Graduates may proceed to the Bachelor of Ministry or Bachelor of Theology.