You are here: HomeResourcesHigher Education Student Resources › Faqs Higher Education

FAQs Higher Education

What can I study?

Our higher education awards cater for a range of study interests and qualifications in the discipline of theology, ministry or divinity are available. We offer a full range of higher education awards, from diploma to doctorate level, or consider undertaking one or more units of study as a non-award student for personal or professional development.

Why study ministry and theology?

The study of theology is part philosophy, part history, part anthropology, and also something entirely its own. The study of ministry is about the outworking of Christian faith and practice in our world today. Students will engage with the complexities of the nature of God; taking on the challenging questions about the meaning of religion and the impact it has on our society.

What can we offer you?

All our units are accredited through the University of Divinity, which is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), Australia's independent national quality assurance and regulatory agency for higher education. If you undertake studies in higher education you are a student of the University of Divinity and join one of eleven colleges of different faith traditions, gaining access to units and services across all eleven colleges.

Also, our friendly staff, lecturers and librarians are here to assist you access to a broad range of support services, online learning communities and course advice that both informs and inspires your learning.

What financial support is available?

For Australian Citizens

When you attend the university of an approved higher education provider, you may be eligible to get a FEE-HELP loan to pay all or part o your tuition fees.

Australian citizens and holders of a permanent humanitarian visa may defer the payment of fees through the FEE-HELP loan scheme. Tuition fees are paid by the Australian Government and debited to a loan account. Students are not required to begin repaying the accumulated loan debt until their taxable income rises above the compulsory repayment threshold. A FEE-HELP loan does not cover costs like accommodation, laptops or textbooks. Please see the Australian Government Study Assist website for more information about FEE-HELP.

For Salvation Army Personnel

The Salvation Army is committed to the ongoing development of its Officers and employees and funding options may be available. Refer to the People Development Policy to learn more.


The Salvation Army Australia offers the Eva Burrows Australian Scholarship for Women and the Eva Burrows Africa Scholarship, both reflecting General Eva Burrows commitment to advancing social justice, education and the development of leaders. We also offer specific course scholarships from time to time, thanks to the generous support of donors who believe that education exists to empower people to make a difference in the lives of others. To learn more about the current Scholarships on offer and the criteria to apply please visit

What is the cost of a unit of study?

The standard cost of an undergraduate unit is $1,704 and for a postgraduate unit $2,640. Tuition fees are given in Australian dollars unless otherwise indicated and are reviewed on an annual basis by the University of Divinity. You can also study one or more units as a non-award student (audit) at the cost of $500 per unit. To learn more about Course Fees visit

How do I enrol in a Higher Education course?

In the first instance contact the Registrar to discuss your study program, once you have discussed your course options the Registrar can assist you with the completion of your Admission Form. The links below will take you to the relevant Admission Form in a Word Document which is to be completed and returned to the Registrar at least two weeks prior to the Semester's commencement.

For existing undergraduate students you need to ensure you re-enrol each Semester. For both current domestic and overseas students, please complete the following form below and return to the Registrar two weeks prior to the Semester commencement.

For more information for completing your Admission Form refer to the University of Divinity Guide to Completing and Submitting Enrolment Forms.

What happens after lodging my Admission Form?

After you submit your Admission Form the College will acknowledge receipt of your application as soon as possible. Your application will be checked to ensure all relevant documents are provided. Please contact us if you do not receive acknowledgement of receipt of your enrolment form after 14 days of submitting your form.

Domestic students (coursework or research)

If you are accepted into the course, when payment details have been confirmed, you will:

  • receive a welcome letter from us.
  • receive a confirmation from the University of Divinity, (note: for Higher Degrees by Research, acceptance of an offer is required prior to admission)
  • receive unit materials (where pertinent)
  • be given instructions about obtaining your student ID card

If you are not accepted, you will receive an explanatory letter.

Overseas students

  • After an agreement has been reached with the College on your eligibility and course, including the units you plan to study, the Course Advisor will fill in the proposed course of study (which may need to wait until you have arrived in Australia). The College will submit the application to the University of Divinity on your behalf.
  • If you are accepted into the course, the UD will send you a Letter of Offer and Acceptance Agreement (contract). For Student Visa 500 students when you have returned your contract the UD will forward to you your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) so that you can apply for your visa. If you are not accepted, you will receive an explanatory letter.
  • Your enrolment is complete when you have sent a copy of your visa or visa entitlement notice to the Overseas Students Officer, University of Divinity, 21 Highbury Grove, Kew, Victoria 3101, Australia;

How do I change my enrolment?

Use the relevant amendment form, available from admission and enrolment forms

Where can I get help?

  • If you have questions about your application contact the Registrar.
  • If you have questions about your unit materials or requirements please contact your unit lecturer.

How do I learn more?

To help you to learn more, contact the Registrar with your questions and explore your next steps towards higher education at Eva Burrows College.

Here are just some of the tasks the Registrar can assist you with:

  • Identify the right undergraduate or postgraduate course for you
  • Map out an annual study plan
  • Help with the enrolment process in units of study
  • Assist you with your initial login to ARK, the learning management system of higher education
  • Provide key dates for the semester
  • Answer any questions you have regarding higher education at Eva Burrows College

Contact the Registrar on +61 3 9847 5400 or via email