DP2147B - Reflective Practice for Vocational Formation
- Unit Code & NameDP2147B Reflective Practice for Vocational Formation
This is a Supervised Theological Field Education unit that introduces students to an action-reflection model of learning in the context of a ministry placement. Students will reflect on their engagement in a range of experiences to learn more about the skills and competencies required for ministry, and to discover individual core values and vocational identity. Professional ministry standards including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people underpin this unit. This unit is predominantly delivered in non-classroom based settings.
The unit code contains information on the level of study, field, discipline, unit and college. Click here to learn what the unit code for this unit represents.
- DisciplineDelivery ID: 46023
- LevelUndergraduate Level 2
- Semester4. Semester 2, 2022
- Delivery ModeOnline
25 July to 28 October 2022
Attendance at two online classes is required:
- 26 July 2022 (11am-2pm AEST)
- 28 October 2022 (11am-2pm AEDT)
Attendance at two 2-hour online peer group sessions is required:
- 19 August 2022 (11am-1pm AEST)
- 16 September 2022 (11am-1pm AEST)
Students are also required to attend six 1-hour individual supervision sessions – dates to be determined in consultation at the commencement of the semester.
Students must keep a log of placement hours/activities.
We recommend that you allocate 9 hours a week for all study activities.
- Lecturer(s) Major Sandy MacDonald
Please indicate to the Registrar before 25 June 2022 if you would like to take Reflective Practice for Vocational Formation. An interview will be orangised with the lecturer before you can enrol.
UD Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Module and Prerequiste units: 18 points Field B, 18 points Field C
Enrolment in this unit is dependent upon:
- Being interviewed by the STFE Coordinator;
- Having an approved ministry placement; and
- Having completed relevant Safeguarding training.
- Learning Activities
Learning is achieved through action-reflection on assigned placement experiences and observations, as well as individual supervision.
132 engagement hours is made up of 96 hours placement, 6 hours individual supervision, 18 hours placement review and peer feedback, and 12 hours planning/prep/classroom.
*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
1 x Learning agreement and achievement report 1,500 words - 33.3%
1 x Case study 1,500 words - 33.3%
1 x Integrative essay 1,500 words - 33.4%
- Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to reflect on ministry practice and ministry context.
2. Develop, work towards and evaluate achievement of goals for ministry practice, set within a ministry context.
3. Evaluate core values and personal attributes that help form and inform vocational identity.
4. Critically explore the benefits of individual supervision.
5. Demonstrate an integrated understanding of child safeguarding and professional ministry standards.