Unit Code & NameDP2147B Reflective Practice for Vocational Formation
DescriptionThis is a Supervised Theological Field Education unit that introduces students to an action-reflection model of learning in the context of a ministry placement. Students will reflect on their engagement in a range of experiences to learn more about the skills and competencies required for ministry, and to discover individual core values and vocational identity. Professional ministry standards including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people underpin this unit. This unit is predominantly delivered in non-classroom based settings.
FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
DisciplineDP - Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
LevelUndergraduate Level 2
DateIncludes 2 workshops on Monday 26 July and Monday 25 October
PrerequisitesUD Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Module and Prerequiste units: 18 points Field B, 18 points Field C
Learning ActivitiesLearning is achieved through action-reflection on assigned placement experiences and observations, as well as individual supervision.
132 engagement hours is made up of 96 hours placement, 6 hours individual supervision, 18 hours placement review and peer feedback, and 12 hours planning/prep/classroom.
*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
Assessments1 x Learning agreement and achievement report 1,500 words - 33.3%
1 x Case study 1,500 words - 33.3%
1 x Integrative essay 1,500 words - 33.4%
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to reflect on ministry practice and ministry context.
2. Develop, work towards and evaluate achievement of goals for ministry practice, set within a ministry context.
3. Evaluate core values and personal attributes that help form and inform vocational identity.
4. Critically explore the benefits of individual supervision.
5. Demonstrate an integrated understanding of child safeguarding and professional ministry standards.