- Unit Code & NameDP2195B Introduction to Leadership in Ministry
This unit introduces students to the theory and practice of leadership from a Christian perspective and its implementation in a local mission context. Biblical and theological lenses will be used to explore leadership from a Christian perspective. Further theoretical breadth will be explored through best practice in secular organisational literature.
The unit code contains information on the level of study, field, discipline, unit and college. Click here to learn what the unit code for this unit represents.
- DisciplineDelivery ID: 46196
- LevelUndergraduate Level 2
- Semester4. Semester 2, 2022
- Delivery ModeOnline
25 July to 28 October 2022
There will be Zoom catch ups at mutually agreed times.
We recommend that you allocate 9 hours a week for all study activities.
- Lecturer(s) Captain Andrew Walton | Major Dr Grant Sandercock-Brown
18 points in Field D for level 2
- Learning Activities
Lectures, work groups, online forums, videos
*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
1 x 1,000 word Essay - 25%
1 x 1,000 word Recording - 25%
1 x 2,000 wird Forum post - journal - 50%
- Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the changing paradigms of leadership.
2. Explain the theological foundations of leadership.
3. Express a clear understanding of how to work effectively in teams.
4. Articulate an informed personal model of leadership.
5. Understand the key factors in resillient leadership.
- Text Books
To undertake this unit, you are required to have access to a copy of:
Northouse, Peter L. Leadership: Theory and Practice. Los Angeles, SAGE Publications, 2022.