Advanced Diploma of Salvation Army Ministry, Diploma of Management, Bachelor of Theology, Master of Leadership
Andrew Walton has been a Salvation Army Officer since 2007. Currently, Andrew is part of the Officer Formation Stream at Eva Burrows College. He enjoys the one-on-one coaching his Individualised Training Officer (ITO) role affords, along with coordinating education and theological formation for cadets. He also co-teaches leadership.
Andrew's previous appointments were to the Northside Geelong Community Centre and Corps and Moe Corps. There, alongside incredible and committed teams of other Officers, Salvationists, employees and volunteers, Andrew served these faith and wider communities for ten years.
Andrew has commenced his PhD, where he is researching why people believe what they believe about God.
Areas of expertise
- Leadership Theory
- Getting Things Done Methodology
- Volunteer Management
- Ethics and Environmental Sustainability
- Theological Belief Formation
- Jesus, Justice and The Salvation Army. Found in: Chapter 15, Darkness & Deliverance (Ed. Matthew Seaman)
- Sustaining Abundant Life: Eating Well in the Household of God (2017 Thought Matters Conference Paper)
Both publications available here.