The MAPA Foundation Program delivers comprehensive training that teaches management and intervention techniques to cope with escalating behaviour in a professional and safe manner. This training focuses on proven strategies for safely defusing anxious, hostile or violent behavior at the earliest possible stage.
- Request Information
- Duration1 day
- Date18 October 2019
- Delivery ModeClassroom
- VenuePine Rivers Corps 27-29 Lawnton Pocket Rd Lawnton QLD 4501
- Trainer(s) Christine Pickens
What is MAPA?
MAPA ®Training has been developed by the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI)
CPI is an international training organization that specializes in the safe management of disruptive and assaultive behavior. Since 1980, more than six million professionals have participated in CPI’s training programs.
MAPA® program delivers comprehensive training that teaches management and intervention techniques to cope with escalating behaviour in a professional and safe manner. This training focuses on proven strategies for safely defusing anxious, hostile or violent behavior at the earliest possible stage.
Why MAPA training is important?
MAPA Training is suitable for officers, employees and volunteers working in a variety to contexts across The Salvation Army.
“I feel more confident if I was to be in a crisis / aggressive situation.”
“I feel I have developed other skills to assist in intervention.”
“ I will be more aware of how I can be a part of the solution not an added part of the crisis.”
At this one-day course, you’ll learn skills that allow you to:
- Learn the warning signs and how to respond
- Identify the potential for violent or disruptive behaviors.
- Reduce tensions
- Prevent violent episodes
- Intervene safely in violent situations
- Develop safe approaches to crisis intervention
- Provide optimum care to clients
For more information
Contact email@example.com to discuss how this course can be offered at your site or go to Learn to discover the next available course at Eva Burrows College
Eva Burrows College offers a range of nationally recognised courses in vocational training in the area of community services, financial counselling and others.
Vocational Courses Available
- Certificate III in Business Administration
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Certificate IV in Community Services
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Diploma of Chaplaincy
- Diploma of Community Services
- Diploma of Financial Counselling
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Financial Literacy Education Skill Set
- Problem Gambling Skill Set
For more information
P |+ 61 2 9502 5008
E | firstname.lastname@example.org