The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity offers students an opportunity to explore a range of theological, philosophical and ministry-related studies. Students may explore new or develop existing knowledge and skills for vocational and professional purposes.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity consists of 72 points comprised of 72 points of any discipline except DZ.
- Request Information
- DurationOne semester full time or two semesters part time
- Structure4 Standard undergraduate units
- Fees$1,704 per unit
- Admission CriteriaSuccessful completion of Year 12 in an Australian secondary school, or equivalent.
- Admission DatesAdmissions for first semester 2021 close on Friday 12 February 2021. Admissions for second semester 2021 close on Friday 16 July 2021.
Graduates of the Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity
- have knowledge of some foundational concepts in the study of divinity.
- apply basic skills of interpretation to texts and concepts.
- apply knowledge and skills in contemporary contexts.
Follow on study
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity serves as an entry point to undergraduate awards in theology, philosophy and ministry.
Graduates may proceed to a Diploma in Theology, an Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry, an Advanced Diploma in Philosophy, or to the Bachelor of Ministry or Bachelor of Theology.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity is a new award that is only supported for 2021 at this stage, which means that the qualification must be completed by the end of 2021. Unless the qualification is extended or made permanent, the necessary risk mitigation strategy is that new students commencing in second semester 2021 can only be enrolled full time (not part), and therefore must complete in 2021. There can be no leave of absence, or extension beyond the end of second semester 2021.
Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
Application for the Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 3 9847 5432 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
BA1791B Interpreting the Hebrew Bible
CT1722B Critical Thinking for Theology
DL1798B Worship and Preaching: Essentials
DM1113B Mission Foundations
DS1793B An Introduction to Spiritual Formation
The Undergraduate Certificate of Divinity provides a pathway to further undergraduate studies in divinity-related areas and is a foundation for lifelong learning.
All units are transferable to other University of Divinity undergraduate courses – Diploma of Theology, Bachelor of Ministry, Bachelor of Theology.