The Graduate Diploma in Theology allows students to explore areas of interest in theology.
It provides a substantial foundation for further study and a means of engaging Christian thought and traditions. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian practice and identity.
The Graduate Diploma in Theology consists of 144 points comprised of:
- 72 points of Foundational units taken across three disciplines in at least two fields; and
- a further 72 points
- Request Information
- DurationOne year full-time or up to three years part-time
- Structure6 standard postgraduate units
- Fees$2,640 per unit
- Admission CriteriaSuccessful completion of an undergraduate degree or a Graduate Certificate in Theology.
- Admission DatesAdmissions for first semester 2021 close on Friday 12 February 2021. Admissions for second semester 2021 close on Friday 16 July 2021.
The Graduate Diploma in Theology is an AQF Level 8 Award. It is
- fully accredited through the University of Divinity
- qualifies for Austudy and FEE-HELP assistance
- available to overseas students (CRICOS Code 045446J)
- available online and on campus
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Theology
- have knowledge of sources, terms and concepts required for theological engagement
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to theological studies
- apply skills of interpretation to a range of texts with
- apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills in clearly articulating insights into life, work and community.
Graduate Diploma in Theology summary information (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
Application for the Graduate Diploma in Theology is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 3 9847 5432 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
BA8791B Interpreting the Hebrew Bible
BN9796B A Narrative Study of the Gospel of Mark
CT8722B Critical Thinking for Theology
CT9749B Humanity 3.0: Theological Responses to Trans-, Post- and Antihumanism
CT9797B The Triune God
DL8798B Worship and Preaching: Essentials
DM8113B Mission Foundations
DP8795B Leadership: Task and Challenge
DP9746B Transformational Leadership in Ministry
DS8793B An Introduction to Spiritual Formation
BN8701B Interpreting the New Testament
BN9744B Lukan Literature
CH8291B Introduction to Christian History
CT8701B Introduction to Christian Theology
CT9739B Imagined Futures in Popular Culture
DM9193B Social and Community Mission 1
DP8147B Reflective Practice for Vocational Formation
DP8704B Introduction to Pastoral Theology and Ministry
DP9715B Pastoral and Spiritual Care of Older People
XX9735B Capstone Integrative Project
Semester: Full Year
DP9121B Supervised Theological Field Education
Graduates may proceed to a Masters award. Graduates who have included a Minor Thesis (12,000 words) in their course may be eligible to apply for admission to a higher degree by research.