Learning ActivitiesLectures, group work, online forums, videos
*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
Assessments1 x 1,500 word case study/project - 25%
1,500 words equivalent online forum participation, regular postings - 25%
1 x 3,000 word essay - 50%
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Identify and evaluate developments in the theology and practice of mission in the Bible and in different eras of church history.
2. Critically reflect on the impact of current sociological issues and trends on the practice of mission for the church.
3. Analyse the concept of holistic mission.
4. Demonstrate a critical understanding of past and current mission approaches utilised by individuals, congregations and denominations.
5. Formulate strategies for mission in a local setting.
Text BooksTexts to be purchased
Goheen, Michael W. Introducing Christian Mission Today: Scripture, History and Issues. Downers Grove: IVP, 2014.
Ebook available via EBC library catalogue. Hardback copies available for purchase from EBC Library $30, please contact the Library to purchase.
Edge, Lynette and Morgan, Gregory, Partnering with God: Being a Missional Salvationist. Wipf and Stock, 2017