The Graduate Certificate in Divinity allows students to explore areas of interest in divinity and its associated disciplines.
It serves as an introduction to the broad field of study of theology or philosophy and disciplines which are associated with them.
Every course of study for the Graduate Certificate in Divinity consists of 72 points of Foundational or Elective units.
- Request Information
- DurationOne semester full-time or up to three semesters part-time
- Structure3 standard postgraduate units
- Fees$2,640 per unit
- Admission CriteriaSuccessful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent
- Admission DatesAdmissions for first semester 2021 close on Friday 12 February 2021. Admissions for second semester 2021 close on Friday 16 July 2021.
The Graduate Certificate in Divinity is an AQF Level 8 Award. It is
- fully accredited through the University of Divinity
- qualifies for Austudy and FEE-HELP assistance
- available online and on campus
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Divinity
- have knowledge of key concepts in one or more areas of divinity and associated disciplines
- have basic research, analysis and communication skills applicable to
- apply skills of interpretation to texts or concepts.
Graduate Certificate in Divinity summary information (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
Application for the Graduate Certificate in Divinity is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 3 9847 5432 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
BA8791B Interpreting the Hebrew Bible
BN9796B A Narrative Study of the Gospel of Mark
CT8722B Critical Thinking for Theology
CT9749B Humanity 3.0: Theological Responses to Trans-, Post- and Antihumanism
CT9797B The Triune God
DL8798B Worship and Preaching: Essentials
DM8113B Mission Foundations
DP8795B Leadership: Task and Challenge
DP9746B Transformational Leadership in Ministry
DS8793B An Introduction to Spiritual Formation
BN8701B Interpreting the New Testament
BN9744B Lukan Literature
CH8291B Introduction to Christian History
CT8701B Introduction to Christian Theology
CT9739B Imagined Futures in Popular Culture
DM9193B Social and Community Mission 1
DP8704B Introduction to Pastoral Theology and Ministry
DP9715B Pastoral and Spiritual Care of Older People
XX9735B Capstone Integrative Project
Semester: Full Year
DP9121B Supervised Theological Field Education
Graduates may proceed to a Graduate Diploma or Masters’ degree by coursework.