The Graduate Diploma in Theology allows students to explore areas of interest in theology.
It provides a substantial foundation for further study and a means of engaging Christian thought and traditions. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian practice and identity.
The Graduate Diploma in Theology consists of 144 points comprised of:
- 72 points of Foundational units taken across three disciplines in at least two fields; and
- a further 72 points
- Request Information
- DurationOne year full-time or up to three years part-time
- Structure6 standard postgraduate units
- Fees$2,640 per unit
- Admission CriteriaSuccessful completion of an undergraduate degree or a Graduate Certificate in Theology.
- Admission DatesAdmissions for first semester 2020 close on Friday 14 February 2020. Admissions for second semester 2020 close on Friday 17 July 2020.
The Graduate Diploma in Theology is an AQF Level 8 Award. It is
- fully accredited through the University of Divinity
- qualifies for Austudy and FEE-HELP assistance
- available to overseas students (CRICOS Code 045446J)
- available online and on campus
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Theology
- have knowledge of sources, terms and concepts required for theological engagement
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to theological studies
- apply skills of interpretation to a range of texts with
- apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills in clearly articulating insights into life, work and community.
Graduate Diploma in Theology summary information (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
Application for the Graduate Diploma in Theology is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 3 9847 5432 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
BA8391B Interpreting the Hebrew Bible
CH9725B Christianity in Australian History
CT8301B Introduction to Christian Theology
CT8701B Introduction to Christian Theology
CT8722B Critical Thinking for Theology
CT9296B Foundations of Wesleyan Theology
DA8106B Vocational Formation in Social and Community Services
DL8798B Worship and Preaching: Essentials
DP8304B Introduction to Pastoral Theology and Ministry
DP8704B Introduction to Pastoral Theology and Ministry
BA9734B The Psalms: songs for all times
BN8701B Interpreting the New Testament
BN9797B Johannine Literature: Narratives and Perspectives
CH8791B Introduction to Christian History
CT8728B Futurism and Theology: key issues
DA8108B Vocational Formation in Faith Communities
DM8713B Mission Foundations
DM9193B Social and Community Mission 1
DP9145B Developing and Leading Healthy Team Work in Ministry
DS8793B An Introduction to Spiritual Formation
Semester: Full Year
DA9121B Supervised Theological Field Education
Graduates may proceed to a Masters award. Graduates who have included a Minor Thesis (12,000 words) in their course may be eligible to apply for admission to a higher degree by research.