BTh (Sydney College of Divinity, Australia), BTh (Hons) (Charles Sturt University, Australia), MA in Theology (Nazarene Theological College, UK), PhD (Candidate) (Sydney College of Divinity)
Major Adam Couchman has been teaching since 2008. He has held various appointments at Eva Burrows College in both the School for Officer Training and School for Christian Studies. From 2009 to 2012 he was the Director of the School for Christian Studies. He was commissioned as an Officer, along with his wife Megan, in November, 2003 and since then he has been Corps Officer at Armidale Corps (NSW), Gosford Corps (NSW), and Box Hill (Vic). He is currently a Lecturer in Theology and Worship.
Adam is both a lecturer and alumni of Eva Burrows College; having completed his undergraduate degree through the college in 2005. His honours studies, through Charles Sturt University, saw him research the sacramental theology of The Salvation Army. His Masters studies in Christian Holiness were completed with distinction through the Nazarene Theological College in Manchester, UK. Adam is currently working towards his PhD through the University of Divinity where his research is engaged in the theological interpretation of Scripture; specifically, Jesus Christ as a worshipper.
Areas of Expertise
- Christian Worship
- Historical Theology
- Christian Holiness
- Trinitarian Theology
- Theological Interpretation of Scripture
- Sin and its relationship to ‘True Godliness’ in John Calvin’s Institutes Pages 69-82 Aldersgate Papers 8 2010
- "Always Changing, Always the Same: Gregory of Nyssa on Holiness." Pages 74-89 in Aldersgate Papers 7 2009
- Instituting Organisational Change: Lessons Learned. Centre for Biblical Equality Conference, Melbourne, Vic. October, 2019.
- Performing the Calling: ‘Calling’ in Theodramatic Perspective, Thought Matters Conference, Melbourne, Vic. September, 2019.
- Not My Will But Yours Be Done, Societas Liturgica Congress, Durham, UK, August, 2019.
- In the image of the Image, Wesleyan Theological Society Annual Meeting, Seattle Pacific University March, 2013
- Neither Slave nor Free: The theological foundations of Gregory of Nyssa’s polemic against slavery , St Andrew’s Patristic Symposium St Andrew’s Greek Orthodox College September, 2011
- Philanthropia, Thought Matters Conference, Booth College of Mission, Upper Hutt, NZ August, 2011
To contact Adam please fill out this Enquiry Form