The Master of Theological Studies enables students to apply an advanced body of knowledge in theology and its associated disciplines. Students broaden their knowledge and skills and deepen their engagement with select areas of study to prepare them for professional practice and further learning.
The Master of Theological Studies consists of 288 points comprised of:
a) 72 points of Foundational units in three disciplines from at least two fields
b) 120 points of Postgraduate Elective units
c) Either one Capstone unit of at least 24 points or the unit RQ9748M Minor Thesis
d) Further units at postgraduate level.
- Request Information
- DurationTwo years full-time or up to six years part-time
- Structure12 standard postgraduate units
- Fees$2,882 per unit
- Admission CriteriaSuccessful completion of an undergraduate degree
- Admission DatesAdmissions for first semester 2023 close on Friday 17 February 2023. Admissions for second semester 2023 close on Friday 21 July 2023.
The Master of Theological Studies is an AQF Level 9 Award. It is
- fully accredited through the University of Divinity
- qualifies for Austudy and FEE-HELP assistance
- available to overseas students (CRICOS Code 060936K)
- available online and on campus
Graduates of the Master of Theological Studies
- have advanced knowledge of sources, terms and concepts required in theology and its related disciplines
- have mastery of research principles and methods, including analytical and communication skills applicable to theology and its related disciplines
- have advanced skills of interpretation and critical reflection on a range of theological and related disciplines, with awareness of implications and applications to historical and contemporary issues and contexts, in order to generate and evaluate ideas for professional practice and further learning
- articulate and communicate knowledge and insights in theology and its related disciplines to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience, or piece of scholarship.
Master of Theological Studies summary information (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
Application for the Master of Theological Studies is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 3 9847 5432 and by email at email@example.com
Semester: 1. Summer School
DM8113B Mission Foundations
Graduates who have completed a Minor Thesis to a specified standard may be eligible for admission to higher degrees by research.