The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry builds on the Diploma in Theology by enabling students to deepen their understanding of the key theological disciplines of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought and History and in Ministry.
This is extended by further study in those disciplines and in the area of practical ministry studies. It may be possible for students to undertake study in a ministry setting as part of the course.
The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry consists of 288 points comprised of:
- 18 points of Old Testament
- 18 points of New Testament
- 18 points of Church History
- 18 points of Systematic Theology
- 36 additional points from Field B (Biblical Studies) and / or Field C (Christian Thought and History)
- a further 180 points of study.
- Request Information
- DurationTwo years full-time or up to eight years part-time
- Structure16 standard undergraduate units
- Fees$1,584 per unit
- Admission CriteriaSuccessful completion of Year 12 in an Australian secondary school or the Diploma in Theology, or equivalent.
- Admission DatesAdmissions for first semester 2019 close on Friday 15 February 2019. Admissions for second semester 2019 close on Friday 19 July 2019.
The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry is an AQF Level 6 Award. It is
- fully accredited through the University of Divinity
- qualifies for Austudy and FEE-HELP assistance
- available to overseas students (CRICOS Code 075251E)
- available online and on campus
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry
- have significant foundational skills for
-have skills to articulate and reflect upon foundational theological, scriptural knowledge and apply this to ministry practice.
- have strong analytical skills allowing them to analyse and communicate sound theological arguments, especially in relation to ministry tasks or worldview perspectives.
- apply their skills and knowledge to their own and other contexts and traditions through culturally relevant ministry practices.
- apply their skills and knowledge to the service of others through practical engagement and in contexts such as practical support ministries or cultural and philosophical analysis.
Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry summary information (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
Application for the Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 3 9847 5432 and by email at email@example.com
AL2509T New Testament Greek B
AL9509T New Testament Greek B
BA1391B Interpreting the Hebrew Bible
BN2794B New Testament: Life in the Early Church
CH3125B Christianity in Australian History
CT1301B Introduction to Christian Theology
CT1722B Critical Thinking for Theology
CT2296B Foundations of Wesleyan Theology
CT3795B Salvation Today
DA2106B Vocational Formation in Social and Community Services
DL1798B Worship and Preaching: Essentials
DM3714B Community Engagement in a Globalised Environment
DP1304B Introduction to Pastoral Theology and Ministry
DP1704B Introduction to Pastoral Theology and Ministry
BA3134B The Psalms: songs for all times
BA3734B The Psalms: songs for all times
BN1301B Interpreting the New Testament
BN1701B Interpreting the New Testament
BN3397B Johannine Literature: Narratives and Perspectives
BN3797B Johannine Literature: Narratives and Perspectives
CH1791B Introduction to Christian History
CT2728B Futurism and Theology: key issues
DA1108B Vocational Formation in Faith Communities
DA2108B Vocational Formation in Faith Communities
DM1713B Mission Foundations
DM2193B Social and Community Mission 1
DM3720B Youth Ministry: Mission to Youth in a 21st Century Australian Context
DP2195B Leadership: Task and Challenge
DS1793B An Introduction to Spiritual Formation
Semester: Full Year
Graduates may proceed to the Bachelor of Ministry or Bachelor of Theology.