DM1113B Mission Foundations
- Unit Code & NameDM1113B Mission Foundations
- DescriptionThis unit is designed to give the student an introduction to the concept and practice of mission and its priority for the people of God.
It explores the topic of mission from a biblical, theological, historical and sociological perspective. It enables the student to develop and apply concepts of mission in their local context.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDM - Missiology
- Semester1, 2018
- Delivery ModeClass
- DateMondays : 9.30am - 12.30pm | 100 Maidstone St, Ringwood
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Identify developments in the theology and practice of mission in the Bible and in different eras of church history.
2. Describe the impact of current sociological issues and trends on the practice of mission for the church.
3. Define the concept of holistic mission.
4. Evaluate current approaches to mission utilised by individuals, congregations and denominations.
5. Propose strategies for mission in a local setting.