CH1291B Introduction to Church History
- Unit Code & NameCH1291B Introduction to Church History
- DescriptionThis survey unit provides an historical overview and introduction to key people and events in the history of the Church. It explores issues of significance faced by Christianity throughout the life of the church.
Students will explore how the church and individuals have responded in the past and how this has made an impact on the life of the church and Christian expression today.
- FieldC - Christian Thought and History
- DisciplineCH - Church History
- Semester2, 2018
- Delivery ModeClass
- DateThursdays 9.30am - 12.30pm | 100 Maidstone, Ringwood
- Lecturer(s) Assoc Prof Glen O'Brien
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of key themes and events in the history of the church;
2. Discuss the significance of key figures of Christian tradition;
3. Articulate specific ways in which thinking about God and questions of faith have changed through Christian history;
4. Articulate the ways Christian tradition can inform faith in the present;
5. Distinguish between and utilise primary and secondary sources.
- Text BooksText to be purchased
McGrath, Alister. Christian History: An Introduction. Wiley-Blackwell, 2012