Update as of 1 April 2020
Eva Burrows College is closely monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 and is committed to keeping the college community informed as the situation continues to evolve.
Revised Timetable and Course Delivery
Our desire is to ensure all our students receive the best quality education experience during these times of uncertainty. Below we have listed the changes that will be implemented until further notice.
If you have any questions please contact your lecturer, Course Coordinator or our Support Services Staff here at the college, who are here to help you access the support you require for your continued learning.
In an effort to be prudent in our attempts to address the risks that infection transmission poses to the community, Eva Burrows College Higher Education Stream has decided to modify our delivery of first semester units, in the following ways;
- A pause in teaching, both face to face and online will be implemented from Monday 23 March to Friday 27 March.
- All face to face classes will move to online teaching as of Monday 30 March. Visit ARK to access your unit material.
- Semester 1 will be extended by one teaching week and will conclude on Friday 5 June, to accommodate for the pause of teaching earlier in the Semester.
- The due date for all assessments will be extended by one week.
- If you have further inquiries regarding Higher Education, please contact the Registrar.
The online programs will continue to be accessed through Booth Online at this time.
All face to face classes scheduled at our Sydney and Ringwood campuses will be suspended from Friday 27 March until Friday 17 April and will be reassessed as the current health crisis continues to evolve on 17/4/2020.
Note: the commencement of 10742NAT Certificate IV in Christian Ministry and Theology will be delayed due to this suspension.
All short courses will be suspended as of Friday 27 March until Friday 17 April and then will be re-assessed. The following short course have been affected;
- MHFA Refresher Course scheduled for 30 March has been postponed
- PLP Professional Development Day scheduled for 17 April has been postponed.
- Mental Health First Aid Course scheduled for 20 & 21 April has been cancelled
Until further notice, Campuses will remain open during normal business hours with reduced staff onsite to help effectively facilitate social distancing.
Eva Burrows Library will have full library services available however physical access to the library will cease as of Tuesday 24 March from 4.30pm. For any of your library needs please contact the librarians at email@example.com or via phone on 03 9847 5400.
All event bookings for our Ringwood Campus will be suspended until further notice.
Staff and Student Advice
If you have been in contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus, please isolate yourself (remain at home) for 14 days and provide a doctor’s clearance (medical certificate) before returning to work.
Please review the Smartraveller website and subscribe for updates, if you have any upcoming travel.
Further information can be found on the World Health Organisation website and regular updates can also be found on the Department of Health website. The coronavirus health information hotline is 1800 020 080.
- Travel advice from Smartraveller
- Update from the Australian Government Department of Health
- Update from the World Health Organisation
- Health advice infographic for students
Please be vigilant in practicing personal hygiene to prevent the spread of the virus, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use a tissue and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.