Update as of November 2020
Eva Burrows College is closely monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 and is committed to keeping the college community informed as the situation continues to evolve.
Revised Timetable and Course Delivery
Our desire is to ensure all our students receive the best quality education experience during these times of uncertainty. Below we have listed the changes that will be implemented until further notice.
If you have any questions please contact your lecturer, Course Coordinator or our Support Services Staff here at the college, who are here to help you access the support you require for your continued learning.
COVID-19 continues to be a threat to our community. In an effort to reduce the associated risks to our students, staff and faculty, Eva Burrows College in consultation with the University of Divinity has modified the delivery of Semester 1, 2021 units (subjects).
- First semester teaching next year commences Monday 22 February, 2021.
- There will be no face to face delivery.
- All units will be delivered in online teaching only.
- If you have further inquiries regarding Higher Education, please contact the Registrar.
Our online courses will continue to be accessed through Booth Online at this time.
All face to face classes scheduled at our Sydney and Melbourne campuses have been postponed until further notice. We are in contact with all current students and will continue to keep them informed as the health crisis continues to evolve.
All short course delivery were suspended from Friday 27 March. We will be communicating revised dates to students awaiting training in MHFA and MHFA Refresher, as restrictions begin to ease. A revised schedule and new dates will be listed on our Short Courses page when new dates and venues have been confirmed. Please check back regularly for updates.
Until further notice, Campuses will be closed.
The library is now open for the borrowing and return of books, and to assist with any information queries. We request that you plan ahead for your library visit, as all access to the library must be pre-arranged with the library staff.
The library opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm. Arrangements for your library visit can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning (03) 9847 5439 or (03) 9847 5407.
Upon arrival at the college, you will be required to telephone the library and the staff will then meet you and allow you access to the building.
Please note that the library will be closed for the Christmas period from 23 December 2020 – 12 January 2021.
All event bookings for our Ringwood Campus have been suspended until further notice.
Staff and Student Advice
If you have been in contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus, please isolate yourself (remain at home) for 14 days and provide a doctor’s clearance (medical certificate) before returning to work.
Please review the Smartraveller website and subscribe for updates, if you have any upcoming travel.
Further information can be found on the World Health Organisation website and regular updates can also be found on the Department of Health website. The coronavirus health information hotline is 1800 020 080.
- Travel advice from Smartraveller
- Update from the Australian Government Department of Health
- Update from the World Health Organisation
- Health advice infographic for students
Please be vigilant in practicing personal hygiene to prevent the spread of the virus, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use a tissue and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.