XP9133B Capstone Unit: Pastoral Ministry
- Unit Code & NameXP9133B Capstone Unit: Pastoral Ministry
- DescriptionThis unit is offered to provide the student with the opportunity to integrate their learning through cross-disciplinary engagement with the practice of ministry.
A theme specifically related to the practice of ministry will be identified by the student in consultation with the lecturer. The student will conduct a theological reflection on this theme through engagement with methodologies and concepts from across the different fields. Four compulsory interdisciplinary seminars will be conducted throughout the semester at which the student will present their progressive research and reflection to fellow students and staff. Input and feedback from the seminars will assist in the shaping of the theological reflection.
- Unit Points18
- LevelPostgraduate Capstone
- Semester2, 2019
- Delivery ModeClass
- Lecturer(s) Major Dr Christine Unicomb
- PrerequisitesMay only be taken in the final two semesters of study
- Learning ActivitiesSeminars, interdisciplinary conversations and supervision with lecturer
- Assessments1 x 6,000 word theological reflection shaped by participation and interaction at seminars - 100%
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Reflect theologically on issues pertaining to pastoral ministry
2. Critically apply methodologies and concepts from at least two fields
3. Integrate their multi-disciplinary cumulative learning with the practice of ministry
4. Demonstrate the capacity to synthesise insights from own learning and from others
5. Develop a theologically sound response to issues arising in the practice of ministry by drawing on the sources for theological reflection.