P9684SM Supervised Ministry Practicum
- Unit Code & NameP9684SM Supervised Ministry Practicum
- DescriptionEntry into this unit must be preapproved by the relevant Head of Discipline. Please contact the Registrar on 02 9502 0462 well in advance (the beginning of the semester before) if you are considering doing this unit.
In this unit the student will experience integrating theory of ministry with practical ministry. The practicum will include working with a mentor who will assist with processing this experience.
This course unit is designed for those involved in the practice of ministry and builds upon previous theoretical and practical skills and knowledge. The practicum occurs with an appointed supervisor. The mentoring would be with suitably qualified experienced ordained pastors or those in recognised specialist ministries.
- DisciplineChristian Life and Ministry
- Semester2, 2017
- Delivery ModePlacement
- Lecturer(s) Dr Christine Unicomb
- Learning ActivitiesPractical unit with online discussions
- AssessmentsTo be negotiated with the mentor and the lecturer
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the interaction between the theory and practice in ministry
2. Display perceptive understanding of the implications of the interplay between the practice of ministry, the church's traditions and the contemporary culture
3. Critically evaluate the ministry gifts and leadership of both themselves and others
4. Assess areas of their own ministry that require further development and growth in light of reading and advanced levels of supervision and mentoring
5. Apply a critical appreciation of the place of advanced skills of supervision