DP9303B Children's Ministry
- Unit Code & NameDP9303B Children's Ministry
- Cross CodeDM9303B
- DescriptionThis unit provides the student with biblical and theological foundations for working with children. The place of children in the life, mission and ministry of the church will be explored.
The unit will look at discipleship as a paradigm for working with children. Developmental stages, learning styles, faith development, cultural contexts and duty of care are also explored.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDP - Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
- Unit Points18
- LevelPostgraduate Elective
- Semester2, 2019
- Delivery ModeClass
- DateWeekly classes on Tuesdays 9.30am - 12.30pm
Campus | 100 Maidstone St, Ringwood
- Lecturer(s) Dr Christine Unicomb
- Learning ActivitiesLectures, readings, videos, discussions, online forums
*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
- Assessments1x 2,000 seminar paper - 40%
1x 4,000 word integrative essay - 60%
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Articulate biblical and theological foundations for ministry with children.
2. Discuss the place of children within the life, mission and ministry of the church.
3. Critique the notion of discipleship as a paradigm for working with children.
4. Evaluate the relevant dynamics that apply when developing and evaluating resources for children.
5. Develop a framework to critique and monitor approaches to children?s ministry.