DP9303B Children's Ministry
- Unit Code & NameDP9303B Children's Ministry
- Cross CodeDM9303B
- DescriptionThis unit provides the student with biblical and theological foundations for working with children. The place of children in the life, mission and ministry of the church will be explored.
The unit will look at discipleship as a paradigm for working with children. Developmental stages, learning styles, faith development, cultural contexts and duty of care are also explored.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDP - Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
- Semester2, 2018
- Delivery ModeClass
- DateThursdays 9.30am - 12.30pm | 100 Maidstone, Ringwood
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Articulate biblical and theological foundations for ministry with children.
2. Discuss the place of children within the life, mission and ministry of the church.
3. Critique the notion of discipleship as a paradigm for working with children.
4. Evaluate the relevant dynamics that apply when developing and evaluating resources for children.
5. Develop a framework to critique and monitor approaches to children?s ministry.
- Text BooksText to be purchased
Csinos, David M., and Ivy Beckwith. Children's Ministry in the Way of Jesus. Downer's Grove: InterVarsity press, 2013.