Unit Code & NameDP9145B Developing and Leading Healthy Team Work in Ministry
DescriptionThis unit is designed to provide knowledge and skills for developing and leading teams in a ministry context.
Students will examine developmental stages of teams and healthy team dynamics as foundational concepts for effective team ministry. The leadership of ministry teams is explored though strategies such as effective communication, identifying strengths and weaknesses of the team and enlarging the capacity of the team.
FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
DisciplineDP - Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
DateClasses will be held on three consecutive days Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 2 to 4 September 9.00am to 3.00pm
Online content will be delivered from 27 July to 13 November.
Location | North Brisbane Corps, Cnr Handford & Roghan Roads, Taigum QLD
Learning ActivitiesLectures, discussions, tutorials, DVD clips, experiential exercises
*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
AssessmentsOne 1,400 word short essay - 20%
One 2,800 word tutorial - 40%
One 2,800 word case study - 40%
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Discuss the value of healthy team work for effective ministry.
2. Analyse a number of models of team development and dynamics.
3. Discuss characteristics and skills required for leading healthy teams in ministry.
4. Critique strengths and weaknesses in the functioning of ministry teams
5. Formulate a strategy for increasing the capacity of a ministry team