DM2120B Mission to Youth in a 21st Century Australian Context
- Unit Code & NameDM2120B Mission to Youth in a 21st Century Australian Context
- Cross CodeDP2120B
- DescriptionThe unit, Youth Ministry: Mission to Youth in a 21st Century Australian Context, introduces students to theologies and practices of youth ministry.
Students will explore the cross-cultural nature of ministering to youth in Australian culture, and reflect theologically on the task. They will explore and evaluate various ideas, strategies and frameworks for evangelism, discipleship and mission with and to young people.
This unit explores ministry to young people in church settings, as well as introducing basic principles to connect with young people in non-church based settings.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDM - Missiology
- Semester1, 2018
- Delivery ModeClass
- DateWednesdays 6.00pm - 9.00pm | 100 Maidstone, Ringwood
- Prerequisites15 points in Field D
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Articulate theological understandings of ministry to youth.
2. Analyse the cultural contexts of young people and develop strategies for communication and evangelism.
3. Assess elements of ministry practice which develop faith in young people.
4. Articulate a framework for effective engagement in youth ministry.
5. Articulate the importance of communication, relational and pastoral skills relevant to youth ministry.