DA8106B Vocational Formation in Social and Community Services
- Unit Code & NameDA8106B Vocational Formation in Social and Community Services
- Cross CodeDM8106B
- DescriptionThis unit, Reflective Practice - Vocational Formation in Social and Community Services, introduces students to an action-reflection model of learning in a specific community service placement.
It includes a focus on the development of competency in skills relevant to holistic mission and ministry. Students will reflect on their engagement in a range of experiences in connection with the life, mission and ministry of a faith based social or community service agency.
This unit is predominantly delivered in non-classroom based settings.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDA - Mission and Ministry
- Semester1, 2018
- Delivery ModePlacement
- DateEnrolment in this unit will require a suitable placement, approved by the unit coordinator, and the ability to complete at least 120 hours engaged in activity at the placement.
Four individual supervision sessions (1 hour each) and three group sessions (2 hours each) are also required.
- Prerequisites15 points from Field B, C or DM or equivalent
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competence and contextualised understanding of pastoral practice in a range of leadership and service delivery skills in relation to a social or community service agency.
2. Reflect critically on the placement and its contribution to the formation of their vocational identity.
3. Analyse and critically evaluate the factors affecting a social or community service agency in delivering holistic mission and ministry.
4. Identify and illustrate how their action-reflection skills enabled them to evaluate their own learning through contribution to, and practical engagement with, the placement.
5. Analyse and contrast two models of action-reflection learning.