DA1108B Vocational Formation in Faith Communities
- Unit Code & NameDA1108B Vocational Formation in Faith Communities
- Cross CodeDP1108B
- DescriptionThis unit, Reflective Practice - Vocational Formation in Faith Communities, introduces students to an action-reflection model of learning in a specific faith community placement.
It includes a focus on the development of competency in ministry skills. Students will reflect on their engagement in a range of experiences in connection with the life, mission and ministry of a local faith community.
This unit is predominantly delivered in non-classroom based settings.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDA - Mission and Ministry
- Unit Points18
- LevelUndergraduate Level 1
- Semester2, 2019
- Delivery ModePlacement
- DateEnrolment in this unit will require a suitable placement, approved by the unit coordinator, and the ability to complete at least 120 hours of engagement in the placement.
Four individual supervision sessions (1 hour each) and three group sessions (2 hours each) are also required.
- Prerequisites30 points from Field B or C or equivalent
- Learning ActivitiesLearning is achieved through action-reflection on assigned placements, as well as individual and group supervision.
It is assessed on a Pass/Fail basis only.
- Assessments1000 word case study/critical incident reflection - 25%
1000 word learning agreement and learning achievement report - 25%
2000 word integrative essay - 50%
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competence in a range of leadership and ministry skills in relation to local faith communities.
2. Reflect critically on the placement and its contribution to the formation of their vocational identity.
3. Analyse the factors affecting a local faith community in delivering holistic mission and ministry.
4. Identify and illustrate how their action-reflection skills enabled them to evaluate their own learning through contribution to, and practical engagement with, the placement