The Doctor of Philosophy is a higher degree by research. The purpose of the Doctor of Philosophy is to qualify individuals who apply a substantial body of knowledge to research, investigate and develop new knowledge, in one or more areas of investigation, scholarship or professional practice.
- Request Information
- DurationThe standard full-time duration of the Doctor of Philosophy is three years. The Doctor of Philosophy must be completed in not less than two years and not more than eight years from the date on which the course is commenced.
- StructurePhD candidates present their research in a thesis of not more 100,000 words that is examined by at least two external examiners. All candidates must attend a minimum of 8 hours of research seminars each year at the University and either a University Research Day or a research conference each year.
- FeesIn 2018 the tuition fee for a year of study in the PhD is $16,752 (full-time) or $8,376 (part-time).
- Admission DatesApplications for admission to commence in first semester 2018 close on 15 November 2017.
The Doctor of Philosophy is an AQF Level 10 Award. It is
- fully accredited through the University of Divinity
- qualifies for Austudy and FEE-HELP assistance
- available to overseas students (CRICOS Code 037861E)
- available on campus only
The Salvation Army personnel may be eligible for finanacial assistance through the Course Assistance Board (CAB). Interested applicants should submit a signed CAB Form to email@example.com. All submitted CAB forms must be signed by the line manager/division to demonstrate the support of the applicant's department/corps/division.
Application for the Doctor of Philosophy is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 3 9847 5432 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor of Philosophy summary information (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
You can email email@example.com for information on available courses.