DL8198B Worship and Preaching: Essentials
- Unit Code & NameDL8198B Worship and Preaching: Essentials
- Cross CodeDA8198B
- DescriptionThis unit is designed to give the student an introduction to the theology and practice of public ministry in a local church setting.
Attention is given, in particular, to the development of skills and conceptual understanding that will support the development of effective worship leading and biblical communication.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDL - Liturgy
- Semester1, 2018
- Delivery ModeIntensive
- DateFebruary 12 -23 | 100 Maidstone St, Ringwood
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Analyse a number of worship "styles" and preaching methods, assessing their distinctives, and their strengths and weaknesses.
2. Identify key components of a worship service and the relationship of these components to the overall structure.
3. Develop and articulate a theology of worship and preaching.
4. Outline and employ principles of worship planning and leadership and evaluate their effectiveness.
5. Design appropriate resources for biblical communication, using hermeneutical principles and homiletical skills for use in a congregational setting.
6. Evaluate preaching and worship methods in light of societal change.