The Graduate Certificate in Divinity allows students to explore areas of interest in divinity and its associated disciplines.
It serves as an introduction to the broad field of study of theology or philosophy and disciplines which are associated with them.
Every course of study for the Graduate Certificate in Divinity consists of 72 points of Foundational or Elective units.
- Request Information
- DurationOne semester full-time or up to three semesters part-time
- Structure3 standard postgraduate units
- Fees$2,448 per unit
- Admission CriteriaSuccessful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent
- Admission DatesAdmissions for first semester 2019 close on Friday 15 February 2019. Admissions for second semester 2019 close on Friday 19 July 2019.
The Graduate Certificate in Divinity is an AQF Level 8 Award. It is
- fully accredited through the University of Divinity
- qualifies for Austudy and FEE-HELP assistance
- available online and on campus
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Divinity
- have knowledge of key concepts in one or more areas of divinity and associated disciplines
- have basic research, analysis and communication skills applicable to
- apply skills of interpretation to texts or concepts.
Graduate Certificate in Divinity summary information (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
Application for the Graduate Certificate in Divinity is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 3 9847 5432 and by email at email@example.com
AL8009T New Testament Greek A
BA8391B Interpreting the Hebrew Bible
BA8791B Interpreting the Hebrew Bible
BA9143B Theologies of the Hebrew Bible
BA9743B Theologies of the Hebrew Bible
BN9302B The Gospels and Mission
BN9398B Picturing and Proclaiming the New Testament
BN9702B The Gospels and Mission
BN9798B Picturing and Proclaiming the New Testament
CT8301B Introduction to Christian Theology
CT8722B Critical Thinking for Theology
CT9726B Christ and Salvation
DA8108B Vocational Formation in Faith Communities
DA9193B Social and Community Services 1
DA9793B Social and Community Services 1
DL8798B Worship and Preaching: Essentials
DP8195B Leadership: Task and Challenge
DP8795B Leadership: Task and Challenge
DP9146B Transformational Leadership in Ministry
DP9703B Children's Ministry
DS8193B An Introduction to Spiritual Formation
DS8793B An Introduction to Spiritual Formation
Semester: Full Year
DA9121B Supervised Theological Field Education
Graduates may proceed to a Graduate Diploma or Masters’ degree by coursework.