Major Dr Grant Sandercock-Brown
DMin (Asbury Theological Seminary, USA), MA Christian Studies (Morling College, Australia), Advanced Dip of The Salvation Army Ministry (The Salvation Army College of Further Education, Australia), Graduate and Associate of Birmingham School of Music (Birmingham School of Music, UK), BMus (Queensland Conservatorium, Australia)
Grant is married to Sharon and they have three adult children. He has a degree in music education and was a High School music teacher for 10 years. He and Sharon entered Training College in 1999. Grant has since completed an MA from Morling College in Sydney and a Doctor of Ministry at Asbury Theological Seminary in the USA.
Grant is a Corps officer at Parramatta in western Sydney; the cities geographical heartland. Grant has taught at the Training colleges of both Australian Territories. He also started writing after a successful fight with Hodgkin's disease and since then his writings have appeared in Army publications in both Australian territories, NZ, Canada, the USA, the UK and Russia. His first book, From a Middle Aged Dad to a Teenage Daughter was published by IHQ and his second, 21 Questions for a 21st Century Army was published by Booth College in 2014.
Grant loves all sports, especially cricket, rugby and golf. He supports the Swans when they are winning.
He loves God even more than sport and takes every opportunity to talk about the things of God with anyone who’ll listen.
Areas of Expertise
- Spiritual Formation
- "21 Questions for a 21st century Army": being the Salvos now. Booth College & Vivid Publishing, Fremantle 2014
- "From a Middle Aged Dad to a Teenage Daughter" - Christian belief for young people. Salvation Books London 2008
- “A Pastoral Response to Homosexuality.” The Practical Theologian 4:1 (2006).
- “Wesleyan Holiness – A 21st Century Perspective.” The Practical Theologian 3:1 (2005).
- “The Church in the World of the 21st.” The Practical Theologian (Booth College) 2:1 (2004)
To contact Grant please fill out this Enquiry Form