Director School for Mission and TheologyBTh (Sydney College of Divinity), MTh (University of Sydney), MEd (Adult) (University of Technology, Sydney), PhD (University of Sydney), EdD (University of Technology, Sydney)
Areas of Expertise
Hebrew Bible Theology
Salvation Army liturgy
Post structuralism - discourse analysis
A Salvation Army officer for 30 years, Terry is responsible for the leadership of the Salvation Army’s national higher education provider accredited with the University of Divinity. He has served in various appointments, most recently 8 years in an inner city Corps (parish) together with his wife Lyn. Prior to this he served 13 years at Booth College Sydney.
His Ph.D thesis focussed on Wisdom material and Christology in the biblical period, while his more recent Ed.D thesis explored the identity formation of Salvation Army officers from a post structural perspective.
Terry is interested in the intersection between faith as a follower of Jesus, culture, faith practices, and theological reflection.
- Grey, T ‘Divine Calling, Organisational Voice: A discursive study of ‘calling’ and how it informs clergy organisational identity.’ Journal of Adult Theological Education 9:1 2012, 44-60
- Grey, T ‘Belonging and Alienation: Organisational talk and the formation of a Salvation Army Officer identity’ Thought Matters (No 3) 2013, 35-44
- Grey, T ‘Identity-Forming Theological Education: the practice of confession in the formation of Salvation Army Officers’ Religious Education 109:2 2014, 126—142
- Grey, T ‘Divinity in the Hebrew Bible: The God who suffers in, with, and under creation’ Thought Matters (No 5) 2015, 19-29.
- Strangers and Foreigners in the Hebrew Bible: Identity and Social Liminality, Thought Matters Conference, Booth College of Mission, Upper Hutt, NZ September, 2017
- Australia Eastern Territorial Executive Leadership Council Retreat ‘Leadership for Good starts Here: Leadership in the Hebrew Bible’ Berida Manor ,Bowral NSW 18-20 April 2016
e | firstname.lastname@example.org
p | 03 9847 5433