Transurban Financial Counselling Scholarship
Thanks to the generous support of Transurban, which operates the Linkt toll roads throughout Australia, Officers, staff and volunteers of The Salvation Army can apply for a full scholarship to study the CHC51115 Diploma of Financial Counselling at Eva Burrows College and learn how to provide support and advocacy to assist people in financial difficulty.
Who can apply?
If you answer yes to all the questions below, you are eligible to apply for a Transurban Financial Counselling Scholarship.
- I am an officer, employee or volunteer* of The Salvation Army of Australia.
- I reside or work in an area that has:
- been impacted by the 2019/2020 Bushfires
- been impacted or by the economic impacts of COVID-19,
- has a recognised issue with tolling debt (**please see below for areas); or tolling debt is an issue I encounter as part of my work
- I can demonstrate how the scholarship would have a positive impact on my career or ability to support community members.
- I will make myself available to participate in two case studies whilst completing the Diploma of Financial Counselling, these two interviews each year may be filmed.
- I can meet the entry requirements of the Diploma of Financial Counselling.
- I have the capacity to complete my studies within 18-24 months.
* Volunteered for a minimum of three years for The Salvation Army
**Victoria: Melbourne, Western suburbs (Werribee, Laverton, Altona North, St Albans, Sunshine, Footscray, Kensington), Northern suburbs, (Broadmeadows, Campbellfield, Meadow Heights, Lalor, Thomastown, Reservoir), South Eastern suburbs, (Springvale, Dandenong, Noble Park, Cranbourne, Frankston, Frankston-North)
QLD: Brisbane, Logan-Ipswich corridor, Toowoomba – West Logan Motorway, Gold Coast-Brisbane-Sunshine Coast
NSW: Sydney, Blacktown and west to mountains (Parramatta, Blue Mountains, Mt Druitt, Penrith, Lethbridge Park, Kingswood), South West (Campbelltown, Cabramatta)
Additional Requirements for successful applicants
If you are a successful applicant you will be required to attend an online tolling education briefing session, within six weeks of accepting the scholarship.
The successful applicant will receive $5,525 AUD to cover the course fees for the Diploma of Financial Counselling through Eva Burrows College.
How do I apply?
Fill out the Application Form here and click submit on completion. Applications will close 16 August 2021.
For any further information
e | firstname.lastname@example.org
p | +61 3 9847 5400
a | 100 Maidstone Street, Ringwood, Victoria 3134 Australia
To learn how the Transurban Scholarship has helped Kay get to where she wants to go, thanks to the generous support of Transurban, operator of the Linkt toll roads in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, watch this short video.