Library Membership Guidelines
- Membership to the Eva Burrows Library is available to:
- All students enrolled in any course of the college.
- All Salvation Army officers, employees and Salvationists.
- Community members.
- Membership can be completed in person, by email or online
- A library card or digital record of your membership number will be provided on completion of the membership form.
2. Loan limits
- Generally,10 books can be borrowed for 2 weeks with 2 renewals (renewals are only permitted if the item is not on reserve)
- Some titles are placed on Reserve which restricts the loan period to overnight. These books can be borrowed in the last 30 minutes of when the library is open and must be returned by opening time the following morning. These titles cannot be renewed.
- Unlimited loans are available for Academic staff. The Librarian has the authority to request the return of a title should it be reserved by another member.
- Distance students can borrow 10 items for 4 weeks to accommodate posting and return (renewal only permitted if item is not on reserve)
- Distance students cannot borrow Reserve (overnight loan titles)
- Interlibrary loans (from external Libraries) are available and the length of this loan is determined by the lending library. Please discuss this option with the Librarians.
- Periodicals, Reference books and some rare books are not available for loan but may be used in the library.
- All students are encouraged to contact the Librarians to determine the best way to receive or access their required information from the library.
3. Borrowing conditions
- Borrowing can only occur upon the completion of a Library membership form or upon presentation to the library of a University of Divinity (UoD) student card.
- A request for a title may be made in person at the library, via inter-library loan (from an external Library), email or by telephone to the Librarians.
- Borrowed items must be returned or renewed on or before the due date.
- Damaged or lost items will incur a fee. These fees are based on the market value of the item, a postage charge where applicable, and a processing charge of $20 per item.
- Library members may request items be dispatched by post. Postage costs should not exceed $19.70 or a maximum 3kgs and will be dispatched via Express post. Return postage costs are the responsibility of the borrower and the books must be posted back to the lending library, well packed and with tracking information.
- Any additional cost over $19.70 will be at the cost of the borrower as will its return postage. The library staff will discuss this with the borrower before items are posted.
- Parents are responsible for items borrowed by their children. All children must be supervised whilst in the library.
- The reference /study area in the library along with the second floor Private study/Journal room is to be observed for quiet study.
- Eating is not permitted in the library however covered cups and water bottles are permitted.
5. Overdue notices
- Overdue notices, including reminder notices, are delivered via email.
- Overdue fines may be imposed. Fines are charged as follows –
- 20 cents per day per item overdue for normal 2-week loans.
- $1 per day per item for overnight loans.
- Should an amount of $15 or more accrue the college will issue an invoice for payment, and your borrowing privileges will be suspended until payment is received.
6. Hours of opening
- Monday to Friday 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Evening opening hours may occur throughout Semester times, as the timetable requires.
- Please check the homepage for the library for changes to opening hours.
7. Electronic resources
University of Divinity (UD)
- University of Divinity students can access many electronic resources via the University of Divinity Library Hub https://library.divinity.edu.au/
- The Hub incorporates a range of resources into a single search interface. The full text of these resources is available on-site in the library by all Library Members.
- When away from the library, access to the full text of University of Divinity Library Hub electronic resources, is available only to University of Divinity enrolled students. The Library Hub can be accessed by those students at anytime by using your ARK credentials.
Eva Burrows Library Ebooks
The Eva Burrows Library owns EBSCO and Proquest ebooks. These Ebooks are accessed directly via the library catalogue. https://evaburrowscollege.softlinkhosting.com.au/liberty/libraryHome.do
The full text of these Ebooks is permitted by any Eva Burrows Library member. Information on access to these Ebooks can be found on the library homepage, or by contacting the library staff.
8. Facilities and Services
- Library computers – users must comply with all Eva Burrows College policies regarding acceptable use of this equipment and adhere to The Salvation Army Official guidelines on the use of their equipment.
- Guest WiFi password is available from Library staff or Reception.
- Photocopying, printing and scanning is available from the library photocopier.
- Photocopying is A4 only and is 10 cents per page.
- Scanning is free of charge.
- All photocopying and scanning must adhere to the legal requirements of the Copyright Act 1968.
- Scanning, within the limits of the Copyright Act can be requested via the submission of an online scanning form, or by contacting the library staff.
- We are able to scan the contents pages and index, to assist your choice of relevant pages.