Eva Burrows Australian Leadership Scholarship for Women
The Eva Burrows Australian Leadership Scholarship for Women is for a woman who has undertaken substantial paid and/or unpaid work in frontline Salvation Army service (ie. directly involved in the delivery of the mission) in the last two years and who is seeking support to develop their leadership capabilities.
A scholarship of up to $25,000 AUD, for study at Eva Burrows College or another institution, will be granted to a woman who exhibits General Eva Burrows values of leadership and commitment to serving on the frontline. The scholarship will cover education expenses towards the approved study and/or related travel, along with mentoring throughout their period of study.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Am I eligible?
If you answer yes to all the questions below you are eligible to apply for the Eva Burrows Australian Leadership Scholarship for Women.
- I am a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or a person of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent living in Australia.
- I am a woman who has undertaken substantial paid and/or unpaid work in frontline Salvation Army service (ie. directly involved in the delivery of mission) in the last two years.
- I am over 25 years of age at the time of application.
- I am in good physical and emotional health.
- I have demonstrated effective leadership and commitment to the development of myself and others.
- I consider myself a role model in my area of influence.
- I am able to set out a clear study proposal that identifies the benefit to my leadership and service that the study will bring.
- I can meet the entry requirements of my proposed study.
- I have not previously been a recipient of the Eva Burrows Scholarship.
How do I apply?
To apply please fill out the Application Form below and submit it before Monday, 26 September, 5pm.
Once the application form is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. If you have further questions about your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 9847 5400.