Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs
Date: 1st September 2020 9:00am
Location: Online Learning
Learn how you can support people in the community who are struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol by combining practical work placement experience and online training.
This course will teach you how to assess, intervene, counsel and advocate for people struggling with addiction.
You will be equipped with the knowledge of how to provide a range of services and interventions to people with alcohol and other drugs issues and/or implement health promotion and community interventions delivering better outcomes for your clients.
"As a student of Eva Burrows College, I could not have been better supported. Both my trainer and Course Coordinator offered me the utmost support. They allowed me to build on my experience and contribute in ways I have not thought of before. If I consider advancing my education, Eva Burrows College would be my first choice."
Tony, Graduate of Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs
Meet Jeramy, trainer and assessor for our Community Services and Alcohol and Other Drugs courses.
How will the course be delivered?
This course is delivered online via our Booth Online Learning Portal over an 18 month period.
What are the units offered?
17 units are to be completed successfully (12 Core Units and 5 Electives)
- CHCAOD001 Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- CHCAOD004 Assess needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCAOD006 Provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCAOD009 Develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCCS014 Provide brief interventions
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid*
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAOD002 Work with clients who are intoxicated
- CHCAOD005 Provide alcohol and other drugs withdrawal services
- CHCGRP002 Plan and conduct group activities
- CHCMHS005 Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
*HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, is one of the core units in the course for which you are required to have a valid First Aid Certificate from an external provider. This unit will not be delivered as part of the program.
Meet the Trainer