*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
Assessments1 x 1,000 word critical book review - 25%
1 x Class presentation 15 minutes (equivalent to 1,000 words) - 25%
1 x 3,000 word preparation and evaluation of resources - 50%
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Articulate biblical and theological foundations for working with children.
2. Discuss the place of children within the life, mission and ministry of the church.
3. Critically reflect on discipleship as one paradigm for working with children.
4. Design and evaluate resources for mission and ministry with children that reflect an understanding of developmental stages and duty of care.
5. Develop a framework to evaluate approaches to children's ministry.