AdvDipTheolMin Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry
The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry builds on the Diploma in Theology by enabling students to deepen their understanding of the key theological disciplines of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought and History and in Ministry.
This is extended by further study in those disciplines and in the area of practical ministry studies. It may be possible for students to undertake study in a ministry setting as part of the course.
The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry consists of 288 points comprised of:
- 18 points of Old Testament
- 18 points of New Testament
- 18 points of Church History
- 18 points of Systematic Theology
- 36 additional points from Field B (Biblical Studies) and / or Field C (Christian Thought and History)
- a further 180 points of study.
- Request Information
- DurationTwo years full-time or up to eight years part-time
- Structure16 standard undergraduate units
- Fees$1,704 per unit
- Admission CriteriaSuccessful completion of Year 12 in an Australian secondary school or the Diploma in Theology, or equivalent.
- Admission DatesAdmissions for first semester 2021 close on Friday 12 February 2021. Admissions for second semester 2021 close on Friday 16 July 2021.
The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry is an AQF Level 6 Award. It is
- fully accredited through the University of Divinity
- qualifies for Austudy and FEE-HELP assistance
- available to overseas students (CRICOS Code 075251E)
- available online and on campus
Graduates of the Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry
- have significant foundational skills for
-have skills to articulate and reflect upon foundational theological, scriptural knowledge and apply this to ministry practice.
- have strong analytical skills allowing them to analyse and communicate sound theological arguments, especially in relation to ministry tasks or worldview perspectives.
- apply their skills and knowledge to their own and other contexts and traditions through culturally relevant ministry practices.
- apply their skills and knowledge to the service of others through practical engagement and in contexts such as practical support ministries or cultural and philosophical analysis.
Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry summary information (opens to the external University of Divinity site)
Application for the Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry is made to the Registrar. The Registrar can be contacted on +61 3 9847 5432 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
BA1791B Interpreting the Hebrew Bible
BN3796B A Narrative Study of the Gospel of Mark
CT1722B Critical Thinking for Theology
CT2797B The Triune God
CT3749B Humanity 3.0: Theological Responses to Trans-, Post- and Antihumanism
CT3797B The Triune God
DL1798B Worship and Preaching: Essentials
DM1113B Mission Foundations
DP2795B Leadership: Task and Challenge
DP3746B Transformational Leadership in Ministry
DS1793B An Introduction to Spiritual Formation
BN1701B Interpreting the New Testament
BN2744B Lukan Literature
CH1291B Introduction to Christian History
CH3798B The Theology of Catherine Booth in its Historical and Contemporary Contexts
CT1701B Introduction to Christian Theology
CT1722B_ Critical Thinking for Theology
CT3739B Imagined Futures in Popular Culture
DM2193B Social and Community Mission 1
DP1704B Introduction to Pastoral Theology and Ministry
DP2147B Reflective Practice for Vocational Formation
DP3715B Pastoral and Spiritual Care of Older People
XX3735B Capstone Integrative Project
Semester: Full Year
DP3121B Supervised Theological Field Education
Graduates may proceed to the Bachelor of Ministry or Bachelor of Theology.