Academic Literacy Support Officer
BA (University of Canterbury, NZ), Dip Teach (Christchurch Teachers College, NZ), Grad Cert TESOL (Griffith University, Australia), Grad Dip Th (Charles Sturt University, Australia), Grad Cert Div (University of Divinity, Australia).
Ennis taught English at secondary schools in New Zealand and Australia until 2014. She started tutoring in Sydney in 2015, assisting theology students from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds to access University level, and pre-University theological subjects. Her support enabled students who had little experience of tertiary academic requirements to complete their courses of study and to become independent learners. She was awarded a Graduate Diploma in Theology with Distrinction in 2017, and began her MTh the same year. Following her move to Melbourne, she enrolled at UD, completing her Minor Thesis on the Pneumatology in June 2020. She anticipates continuing her study in this area once she has received approval.
Ennis began working with students part-time at Eva Burrows College in June 2019 as Academic Literacy Support Officer. Her support of students is mostly in the area of understanding the requirements of university level study. She is involved with students whose first language is not English, and also those who have had little or no experience of study at post-secondary level. She enables students to understand task requirements, to plan and write texts, to reference sources appropriately, and to improve the expression of their writing and speaking.
Areas of Expertise
- Christian Theology
- The Uniting Church in Australia
- English Language teaching
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- English for Academic Purposes (Theology)
- Chicago Manual of Style referencing
- Feedback in Higher Education, University of Divinity Faculty, Melbourne, November 2019.
- Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Report on Student Participation in Theological Study, School of Theology Faculty, Charles Sturt University, Canberra, November 2018.
To contact Ennis please fill out this Enquiry Form