Transurban Financial Counselling Scholarship
Thanks to the generous support of Transurban, which operates the Linkt toll roads throughout Australia, Officers and employees of The Salvation Army can apply for a full scholarship to study the CHC51115 Diploma of Financial Counselling at Eva Burrows College and learn how to provide support and advocacy to assist people in financial difficulty.
Who can apply?
If you answer yes to all the questions below you are eligible to apply for a Transurban Financial Counselling Scholarship.
- I am an officer or employee of The Salvation Army of Australia.
- I reside or work in an area with a recognised issue of tolling debt or tolling debt is an issue I regularly encounter as part of my work. See list below for areas*
- I can demonstrate how the scholarship would have a positive impact on my career or ability to counsel community members.
- I will make myself available to participate in two case studies whilst completing the Diploma of Financial Counselling, these two interviews each year may be filmed.
- I can meet the entry requirements of the Diploma of Financial Counselling.
- I have the capacity to complete my studies within 18-24 months.
*Victoria: Melbourne, Western suburbs (Werribee, Laverton, Altona North, St Albans, Sunshine, Footscray, Kensington), Northern suburbs, (Broadmeadows, Campbellfield, Meadow Heights, Lalor, Thomastown, Reservoir), South Eastern suburbs, (Springvale, Dandenong, Noble Park, Cranbourne, Frankston, Frankston-North)
QLD: Brisbane, Logan-Ipswich corridor, Toowoomba – West Logan Motorway, Gold Coast-Brisbane-Sunshine Coast
NSW: Sydney, Blacktown and west to mountains (Parramatta, Blue Mountains, Mt Druitt, Penrith, Lethbridge Park, Kingswood), South West (Campbelltown, Cabramatta)
Additional Requirements for successful applicants
If you are a successful applicant you will be required to attend an online tolling education briefing session, within six weeks of accepting the scholarship.
The successful applicant will receive $5,100 AUD to cover the course fees for the Diploma of Financial Counselling through Eva Burrows College.
How do I apply?
Applications are now open. Submit your Application here.
All applications are to be submitted before Friday 30 August 2019.
A selection panel will consider all applications submitted by Friday 30 August 2019 and the successful applicants will be notified by email.
For any further enquiries contact;
e | firstname.lastname@example.org
p | +61 3 9847 5400
a | 100 Maidstone Street, Ringwood, Victoria 3134 Australia