Libraries of the University of Divinity
All members of the University are eligible to borrow from all of its associated libraries. For a list of these libraries visit this information leaflet.
Local public and state libraries
- All students are strongly encouraged to be members of their local public library.
- Membership is free and gives you access to a range of resources and services.
- Every Australian Local Government Area provides a Local Public Library Service.
- Please check with the EBC Librarians regarding how to access your Local Public Library, which is dependent upon your residential address.
- Australian State Libraries provide free membership which gives you access to many online resources, which are only accessible to residents with a residential address in that state.
- You can borrow resources from the State Libraries through your local public library. Check with your local public library for fees and charges.
State Library of NSW - http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/
State Library of Victoria - https://www.slv.vic.gov.au/
State Library of Queensland - http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/
State Library of South Australia - http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au
State Library of Tasmania - https://www.linc.tas.gov.au
State Library of Western Australia - https://www.slwa.wa.gov.au/
Australian Capital Territory Library - https://www.library.act.gov.au/
Northern Territory Library - https://dtc.nt.gov.au/arts-and-museums/northern-territory-library
National Library of Australia
- All Australian residents, with an Australian address can apply for a free National Library of Australia card
- You can search the National Library of Australia catalogue and access their free online resources. Details are available at https://www.nla.gov.au/getalibrarycard/
- The National Library of Australia provides free access to the catalogues of libraries throughout Australia through a service called “Trove”: Find and get over 270,645,090 Australian and online resources, including: books, images, historic newspapers, maps, music, archives and more http://trove.nla.gov.au/
- The National Library of Australia has a wide range of databases and Eresources which you can find at http://www.nla.gov.au/app/eresources/ and includes a helpful tutorial.
- Eva Burrows College Library staff, can provide you with assistance in accessing the online resources through the National Library of Australia and searching Trove.