You are here: HomeStudy With Us › Information For International Students

Information for International Students

Invest in quality education and life skills by living and learning in a vibrant community and city

The best place to continue your learning is with us at Eva Burrows College. Our Australian campuses for international students are located at Ringwood in Melbourne and NSW Central Coast Berkeley Vale. 

Australia is one of the world’s most liveable places and is built on welcoming people from different countries and cultures. Our climate, stunning landmarks, outdoor lifestyle, diverse cuisine, vibrant community and high education standards will heighten your living and learning experience. 

Eva Burrows College is The Salvation Army's education centre in Australia. Our higher education courses are registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). The registration guarantees that the courses meet the high standards expected by international students.

What can Eva Burrows College offer you?

We offer you a range of courses and delivery options so you can choose what, where and how you want to study.

On-campus degrees

International students can enrol full-time and study on-campus. The following undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are available for international students to study on-campus:

Diploma in Theology 075250F
Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry 075251E
Bachelor of Ministry 077753M (Vic)
Bachelor of Theology 011489A
Graduate Certificate in Theology 053016J
Graduate Diploma in Theology 045446J

Master of Divinity 042692G
Master of Theological Studies 096386E
Master of Theology (Coursework) 096387D

Our degrees are delivered under the accreditation of the University of Divinity

Online degrees and subjects

Most of our higher education awards are offered online so you can graduate with the same qualifications as an on-campus student, studying from your country without travelling to Australia and without a student visa.  You can also choose from our online units and study just those topics that are of interest to you. 

International students studying on-campus can also study some units online (no more than 25% of their qualifications).

Residential program

We offer a one-year residential program for young adults called Salvos Discipleship Program. Students graduate with a Certificate IV in Christian Ministry and Theology 085966J. Students enrolled in the discipleship program will also participate in  national/international mission trips, work placements, discipleship and spiritual training, and community living. 

What support will Eva Burrows College provide you?

We care for people. We offer you smaller classes for pesonal support and provide a range of services that will help you feel at home and enable you to study well.

Course Advice

Contact us or email and we can help you with your study options at Eva Burrows College.

Send us an enquiry

Student Accommodation

We offer accommodation at all our campuses. Students can choose to stay for the whole year or for a short period.

Find out more

Student Services

We will assist you with learning, assessment writing tools and strategies. Campus services will be available.

Find out more

Pastoral Care

Pastoral care at Eva Burrows College is shaped by the example of Jesus and our Wesleyan teaching. We seek to provide a nurturing, safe, supportive and positive environment. 

Dr Christine Unicomb, a trained counsellor with more than a decade of experience, is available to provide pastoral support. Christine headed the Salvos Counselling for nine years as it's Director, has pastored churches for 13 years and trains leaders in pastoral care in local churches. She can be contacted on

Orientation program

We provide orientation for oversees students.

Student life

We provide opportunities on and off campus for you to develop and meet people. With various recreational facilities available on campus, you will make lifelong friends as you live and interact with your fellow students in the community. You can be part of The Salvation Army hubs and churches. You will have opportunities to listen to visiting academics and be part of events within the College and the wider Salvation Army.

Important information for international students considering an undergraduate/ postgraduate degree 

  • You are an international student if: i) you are not an Australian citizen ii) you are not a New Zealand citizen or iii) you do not have full Australian Permanent Resident status.
  • You can only enter and remain in Australia as an international student if you hold a valid student visa.
  • Applying for and obtaining a student visa can take considerable time and will vary in different countries.
  • To learn more about the requirements and applying for a student visa you can visit the University of Divinity and the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
  • International students on a student visa are required to study full time.
  • The English standard requirement for undergraduate study is an IELTS average across all bands of at least 6.5 with no band under 6.0, and for postgraduate study an average across all bands of at least 7.0, with no band under 6.5.  For more information see the English Language Requirements Policy.
  • It is a requirement that international students have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of their studies in Australia, prior to applying for a student visa.
  • International students can commence studies in Semester 1 or Semester 2 each year. To allow time for processing of applications and for the Australian government to issue the appropriate visa, the closing dates for applications is 15 November for Semester 1 and 15 April for Semester 2. 
  • Fees are consistent for domestic and international students. International students are charged a separate application fee of AUD$300 (plus GST) upon enrolment. 
  • Payment of fees must be made in advance. International students can pay in their home currency through the Western Union Business Solutions.
  • To make an application to study with Eva Burrows College the three key steps are (1) Students to make an application for admission (2) Students to receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) and (3) Use the COE to lodge an online student visa application. More details visit the University of Divinity.
  • New students commencing study must be present in person at Eva Burrows College at least two weeks before the first day of semester.
  • More information is available on education services, admission and enrolment forms, overseas student sponsor statement and other student resources on the international student resources page on the University of Divinity site.

 Learn more about studying in Australia 

Rachael and Paul

"The experiences we gain being in an Australian multicultural community in the college is unique and precious."

Read our story

Studying in Australia

Learn about studying and living in Australia from the official Australian government website for international students.

Know more

Student Visa

In most cases international students will need an Australian student visa to study. Find out more from the DIPB website.

More information

If admitted to Eva Burrows College and granted entry into Australia, international students are subject to the provisions of the ESOS Act 2000. These include:

  • Providing Eva Burrows College with accurate contact details (including Australian residential address, telephone or mobile number and email) and providing notification of any change to this information. Automatic visa cancellation could occur without the knowledge of the student. if contact details are not current.
  • Information provided to Eva Burrows College may be made available to Australian Federal and State Government authorities.

We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Send us an enquiry and we will respond to you at the earliest.