Christology: A Biblical, Historical, and Systematic Study of Jesus
Price: $26.95in your cart Add to cart
TITLE: Christology: A Biblical, Historical, and Systematic Study of Jesus
AUTHOR: Gerald O'Collins
DATE PUBLISHED: 2009
In this fully revised and updated second edition of his accessible account of systematic Christology, Gerald O'Collins continues to challenge the contemporary publishing trend for sensationalist books on Jesus that are supported neither by the New Testament witness nor by mainline Christian beliefs.
This book critically examines the best biblical and historical scholarship before tackling head-on some of the key questions of systematic Christology:
- does orthodox faith present Jesus the man as deficient and depersonalized?
- Is his sinlessness compatible with the exercise of a free human will?
- Does up-to-date exegesis challenge his virginal conception and personal resurrection?
- Can one reconcile Jesus' role as universal Saviour with the truth and values to be found in other religions?
- What should the feminist movement highlight in presenting Jesus?
This integral Christology is built around the resurrection of the crucified Jesus, highlights love as the key to redemption, and proposes a synthesis of the divine presence through Jesus. Clear, balanced, and accessible, this book should bevalued by any student reading systematic theology, anyone training for the ministry in all denominations, as well as interested general readers.