T7395 A Loving God in a Suffering World
- Unit Code & NameT7395 A Loving God in a Suffering World
- DescriptionThis subject explores various ways people have tried to reconcile an all loving and powerful God and the reality of evil, pain, and suffering found in God's creation.
The unit provides students with an opportunity to focus at some depth on an area of theological thought known as 'theodicy'. The subject material includes: an examination of both traditional and contemporary treatments of theodicy, as well as current issues in the discipline; exploration of developments in research and theory regarding theodicy; a consideration of the implications of developments in research and theory to a broad range of issues of current concern to Christian life, ministry or theology; an opportunity to learn new theories and skills and to apply them in practical or simulated circumstances.
- Semester1, 2018
- Delivery ModeIntensive
- DateFebruary 5 - 9 | 32a Barnsbury Grove, Bexley North
- Lecturer(s) Matthew Cairns
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1.Identify for themselves a question to be posed or a topic to be investigated in the particular subject area
2. Demonstrate a good knowledge of the area chosen for consideration
3. Analyse in some depth a range of primary and secondary literature dealing with the issue
4. Evaluate the issue using the methodologies appropriate to the subject area
5. Apply the results of their study to enrich Christian life and ministry