T7338 Doctrine of Sanctification
- Unit Code & NameT7338 Doctrine of Sanctification
- DescriptionThis unit seeks to interpret and integrate the biblical material on sanctification into a coherent doctrinal framework. It lays the doctrinal framework for use in pastoral ministry settings.
Its focus is current issues in the doctrine of sanctification so it examines sanctification in the Old and New Testaments forming a theology of sanctification, contextualising the doctrine of sanctification and applying the doctrine to pastoral ministry settings.
- Semester2, 2018
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Prerequisites9 credit points from 7200 series units in Theology
- Learning ActivitiesLectures, online tutorials and readings
- AssessmentsCritical Review, essay and learning resource
- Learning OutcomesAt the end of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a critical knowledge of the chief forms in which sanctification is expressed in the Old and New Testaments
2. Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the writings of selected biblical and systematic theologians on the topic of sanctification
3. Critically evaluate from a biblical perspective representative constructive theologies of sanctification
4. Integrate the material studied into their own articulation of the doctrine of sanctification
5. Critically apply the results of their study to contemporary issues raised by their ministry situation