DP9746B Transformational Leadership in Ministry
- Unit Code & NameDP9746B Transformational Leadership in Ministry
- DescriptionBuilding on the concepts of leadership expressed by James MacGregor-Burns, Bass, and Riggio's, this two week intensive explores models of transformational leadership in light of both Scripture and Christian leadership traditions.
Students will explore the nature and practice of leadership with personal and organisational transformation as key objectives. The development of an informed and biblical model of transformational leadership alongside an intentional strategy for personal growth and development as a transformational leader will provide a key focus of the unit.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDP - Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
- Unit Points24
- LevelPostgraduate Elective
- Semester1, 2019
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Lecturer(s) Grant Sandercock-Brown
- Learning ActivitiesLectures, tutorials, personal reflection, directed case studies
*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
- AssessmentsOne evaluation 1,500 words - 25%
One Tutorial Presentation 1,500 words - 25%
One Case Study 3,000 words - 50%
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Evaluate personal leadership styles in the light of biblical, historical and current organisational models
2. Analyse the significance of transformational leadership in transforming organisational culture in Christian ministry contexts
3. Examine the link between personal renewal and organisational renewal
4. Defend the importance of personal renewal in the journey of transformational leadership
5. Develop an intentional strategy for personal spiritual growth and renewal