*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
AssessmentsOne 2,500 seminar paper - 40%
One 4,500 word integrative essay - 60%
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Articulate biblical and theological foundations for ministry with children.
2. Discuss the place of children within the life, mission and ministry of the church.
3. Critique the notion of discipleship as a paradigm for working with children.
4. Evaluate the relevant dynamics that apply when developing and evaluating resources for children.
5. Develop a framework to critique and monitor approaches to children?s ministry.