DP3746B Transformational Leadership in Ministry
- Unit Code & NameDP3746B Transformational Leadership in Ministry
- DescriptionBuilding on the concepts of leadership expressed by James MacGregor-Burns, Bass, and Riggio's, this two week intensive explores models of transformational leadership in light of both Scripture and Christian leadership traditions.
Students will explore the nature and practice of leadership with personal and organisational transformation as key objectives. The development of an informed and biblical model of transformational leadership alongside an intentional strategy for personal growth and development as a transformational leader will provide a key focus of the unit.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDP - Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
- Unit Points18
- LevelUndergraduate Level 3
- Semester1, 2019
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Lecturer(s) Grant Sandercock-Brown
- Learning ActivitiesLectures, tutorials, personal reflection, directed case studies
*This unit is offered at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Students may engage with people across both levels when this unit is delivered.
- AssessmentsOne Personal-evaluation 1,250 words - 25%
One Tutorial Paper 1,250 words - 25%
One Case Study 2,500 words - 50%
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Describe personal leadership styles in the light of biblical, historical and current organisational models
2. Discuss the significance of transformational leadership in transforming organisational culture in Christian ministry contexts
3. Identify links between personal renewal and organisational renewal
4. Explain the importance of personal renewal in the journey of transformational leadership
5. Assess a strategy for personal spiritual growth and renewal.