DP3303B Children's Ministry
- Unit Code & NameDP3303B Children's Ministry
- Cross CodeDM3303B
- DescriptionThis unit provides the student with biblical and theological foundations for working with children. The place of children in the life, mission and ministry of the church will be explored.
The unit will look at discipleship as a paradigm for working with children. Developmental stages, learning styles, faith development, cultural contexts and duty of care are also explored.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDP - Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
- Semester2, 2018
- Delivery ModeClass
- DateThursdays 9.30am - 12.30pm | 100 Maidstone, Ringwood
- Lecturer(s) Dr Christine Unicomb
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Articulate biblical and theological foundations for working with children.
2. Discuss the place of children within the life, mission and ministry of the church.
3. Critically reflect on discipleship as one paradigm for working with children.
4. Design and evaluate resources for mission and ministry with children that reflect an understanding of developmental stages and duty of care.
5. Develop a framework to evaluate approaches to children's ministry.