DP2303B Children's Ministry
- Unit Code & NameDP2303B Children's Ministry
- Cross CodeDM2303B
- DescriptionThis unit provides the student with biblical and theological foundations for working with children. The place of children in the life, mission and ministry of the church will be explored.
The unit will look at discipleship as a paradigm for working with children. Developmental stages, learning styles, faith development, cultural contexts and duty of care are also explored.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDP - Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
- Unit Points18
- LevelUndergraduate Level 2
- Semester2, 2019
- Delivery ModeClass
- DateWeekly classes on Tuesdays, 9.30am - 12.30pm
Campus | 100 Maidstone St, Ringwood
- Lecturer(s) Dr Christine Unicomb
- Learning ActivitiesLectures, readings, videos, discussions, online forums
- Assessments1 x 1,000 word critical book review - 25%
1 x Class presentation 15 minutes (equivalent to 1,000 words) - 25%
1 x 2,500 word preparation and evaluation of resources - 50%
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Articulate biblical and theological foundations for working with children.
2. Discuss the place of children within the life, mission and ministry of the church.
3. Critically reflect on discipleship as one paradigm for working with children.
4. Design resources for mission and ministry with children that reflect an understanding of developmental stages and duty of care.