DM9705B Leadership in a Missional Context
- Unit Code & NameDM9705B Leadership in a Missional Context
- Cross CodeDP9705B
- DescriptionThis unit explores issues of leadership within Christian communities, giving particular attention to missional contexts.
Consideration is given to: understandings of leadership in conjunction with a missional vision and ecclesiology; leading in times of rapid change; modes of leadership and their impact; and the importance of the leader's character and spirituality. Emphasis is placed on creative leadership in contemporary contexts.
- FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
- DisciplineDM - Missiology
- Semester1, 2018
- Delivery ModeOnline
- Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Evaluate at least two modes of leadership highlighting inherent strengths and weaknesses
2. Discuss connections between character, spirituality, leaders and followers.
3. Analyse issues of change within a local church community and identify a leadership response.
4. Assess points of congruence and tension between leadership theories and faith based frameworks
5. Research and propose a model of missional leadership for a Christian community