Unit Code & NameDM3714B Community Engagement in a Globalised Environment
DescriptionThis unit draws on the experience of Salvation Army mission and leadership and outlines the impact of global factors on ministry. It considers global issues such as intercultural practice, community development, and the interplay of development and Aid, and issues of gender. It considers theological components of global and community mission but has a strong operational and practical focus.
FieldD - Theology: Mission and Ministry
DisciplineDM - Missiology
LevelUndergraduate Level 3
Prerequisites30 points in DA, DM or equivalent
AssessmentsOne 1,500 word online presentation - 30%
One 3,500 words essay/project plan - 70%
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, it is expected that students will be able to:
1. Identify several major ways in which globalisation affects local contexts and churches.
2. Demonstrate the ability to engage with developmental texts and issues with comprehension.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of missional practices specific to community development and inter-cultural communication within a globalised context.
4. Propose plans for mission projects that reflect both community and cultural considerations.
5. Critically analyse projects considering developmental and intercultural issues.